Sinonim := Nelumbiurn nuciferum, Gaertn. = N. speciosum, Wilid. = Nelumbo nucifera, Gaertn. = Nyrnphaea nelumbo, Linn.
Chronic aquatic plants are beautiful, native of mainland Asia. Lotus cultivated in the waters and ponds, sometimes found growing wild in the swamp. Aquatic plants that grow upright. Rhizome thick, scaly, growing creeper. Leaves and flowers come out directly from the bound rimpangnya mud at the bottom of the pond. Leaf blade width and round, supported by a long stalk and round in diameter from 0.5 to 1 cm, 75-150 cm in length. Leaves poking above the surface of water, towering up like a shield. Waxy leaf surface; whitish green color, flat edge, the center rather mencekung, bones scattered leaves from the center toward the edge of the leaves, 30-50 cm diameter. The flowers are fragrant, grows towering above the water surface with a long stalk round and robust, 75-200 cm long flower stalks. Flowers 15-25 cm diameter, stamens many yellow anthers, flower crown width, there is an ankle and there is a double with pink, white and yellow. Flowers bloom all day from morning until late afternoon. After wilting, flower crown falling until finally the remaining base of the flower that will be going to pieces, shaped like inverted cones with such a sponge and a flat surface with holes containing 15-30 seeds, yellowish-green color, then green and finally dark brown, median line 6 -11 cm. Seed round like a peanut, found in fruit pits shaped like a wasp nest. The old seeds blackish green color, age approximately 1 month after flowers bloom. The leaves are commonly used as packing materials, young rhizomes and seeds are edible. Buddhists regard this flower as a symbol of purity, reflected in various paintings and sculptures depicting the meditating Buddha sitting on lotus flower.
Diarrhea, dysentery, leucorrhoea, nasopharynx cancer, fever, insomnia, hypertension, vomiting blood, nosebleeds, coughing up blood, heart disease, Give, give, headache, defecating and urinating blood, anemia, premature;
The whole plant. Rhizome, leaves and stems, flowers and stamens, seeds and flowers such as buffer wasp nest / sponge (reseptacle), and shoots
seed. Use fresh or dried.
- Impaired absorption of food (malabsorbtion).
- Diarrhea due lernah body, chronic intestinal inflammation (chronic enteritis).
- Whitish, bleeding in women.
- Wet Dreams (spermatorrhea).
- Hard to sleep, many dreams.
- Urinary pain and cloudy.
- Lethargic not excited (neurasthenia).
- Cancer nasopharynx.
Lotus seed bud:
- Fever, thirst.
- Heart palpitations, anxiety.
- Vomiting blood.
- Premature ejaculation.
- Eyes red and swollen.
- Difficult to sleep (insomnia).
- High blood pressure (hypertension).
- Exit sperm night (sperrnatorrhea).
- Whitish (leucorrhea).
- Bleeding such as vomiting blood, dysentery.
- Frequent urination.
- Unable to hold urine (enuresis).
- Excessive bleeding womb.
- Excessive menstrual blood.
- Bleeding during pregnancy.
- Discharge (lochia) excessive postpartum.
- Lower abdominal pain due to blockage of the blood.
- Berak blood, blood urine.
- Hemorrhoids, ulceration wet.
- Fever, thirst.
- Coughing blood, vomiting blood, nosebleed.
- Berak blood, blood urine. High blood pressure.
- Pain of heart.
- Disorders of the stomach.
- Less blood (anemia).
- Disturbance at menopause (menopause).
- Vomiting blood, nosebleed.
- Peeing hot and red.
- Coughing of blood, dysentery.
- Fainting due to heat (heat stroke).
- Diarrhea due to heat or moisture.
- Dizziness, headache.
- Give, give.
- Bleeding such as nosebleeds, vomiting blood, dysentery.
- Bleeding in women.
- Dysentery bloody, diarrhea.
- Babies in the womb is not quiet.
- Heat stroke, fainting.
- Chest feels depressed because of hot or humid.
- Diarrhea, vomiting.
- Shock (trauma).
- Inflammation of purulent skin (impetigo).
- Increase in appetite,
- The weak and less blood.
How to use:
Rhizome: 240 g. Boiled or in juice.
Leaves: 5-12 g, boiled.
Stalk: 3-5 g, boiled.
Flowers. 3-5 g, boiled.
Stamen: 3-10 g, boiled.
Receptacle: 10-15 g, boiled.
Seed: 5-12 g, boiled.
Lotus seed bud: 1.5 to 3 g, boiled.
Plant part used:
1. Coughing blood, vomiting blood:
Lotus rhizome is washed and then dijuice, until collected 1 cup
size of 200 cc. Drink, do it for 3-5 days in a row.
2. Vomiting, diarrhea:
50 g and 15 g lotus rhizome ginger dijuice or washed and shredded,
take the water. Drinking, 3 times a day.
50 g and 10 g lotus rhizome of ginger, grated or dijuice. Water
feelings added 10O cc of water, then heated to
boiling. Once cool add 1 tablespoon of honey, stirring
4. High blood pressure:
a. 10 g and 15 g of seeds of lotus bud lotus seed. (Lien sim), boiled
with 350 cc of water until the remaining 200 cc. Drinking every day
b. Lotus seed bud (lien sim) of 10-15 g boiled with water
to taste to boiling, drink as tea. It can also
budding lotus seed finely ground, brewed with hot water, drinking.
5. Heat in, gondokan, also useful for heart patients
100 g and 50 g lotus rhizome fresh reed rhizome, washed
then cut into pieces sufficiently. Boiled with 500 cc water
until the remaining 250 cc. After chilling filtered, drinks like tea.
6. Bleeding from the nose (nosebleeds):
Lotus root sections and then washed dijuice. The water dripped into the nose