During this time, people familiar with the green leafy plant betel hereditary utilized to address a variety of complaints such as nosebleeds, red eyes, discharge, making a loud voice, and more. Efficacy of betel leaf has been clinically tested. Until now, research on this plant are also being developed.
Traditionally, the betel leaf is used as a supplement in traditional ceremonies such as marriage customs in Java. Betel leaf is also used for dental hygiene and mouth with(chewing betel nut).
However, recent red betel plant (Piper betle L. Var rubrum), because the rise is believed to have medicinal benefits are far more diverse. The form was far more interesting than regular betel.
Although not yet known with certainty the origin of this medicinal plant, red betel frequently encountered in various regions. For example in environmental palace of Yogyakarta and the slopes of Mount Merapi, Papua, West Java, Aceh, and several other areas.
In early 2002, in a village on the slopes of Mount Merapi, Bambang Sadewo herbalist, author of Exterminate Disease with Red Sirih, accidentally discovered this plant. Color glossy red bottom with no different leaf shapes from green leaves. Tamanannya panhandle elongated and segmented.
Sense of red betel leaves are very bitter. The aroma is more sharply when compared with green leaves.
Although the chemical constituents of this plant has not been studied in detail, the results are known krematogram red betel leaves contain flavonoids, compounds polevenolad, tannins, and essential oils. Effect of active substances contained red betel leaves to stimulate the central nervous and thinking power.
Red betel leaf has the effect of preventing premature ejaculation, antikejang, antiseptic, analgesic, antiketombe, controlling blood sugar, liver, diarrhea, increase endurance, and relieve pain. Also believed to be able to overcome pneumonia, bronchitis, gingivitis, bleeding nose or nosebleeds, and coughing up blood.
Red betel leaf extract is also able to kill the fungus Chandida albicans causes thrush. In addition, reducing sekrasi efficacious in the vagina, vaginal discharge and itching on the genitals, as well as a wound cleanser (antiseptic effect).
Empirically red betel leaf extract in a single use or formulated with other medicinal plants capable of limiting the variety of complaints. Examples of blood sugar disorders, acute inflammation in body organs, wounds difficult to heal, breast cancer and cervical cancer, leukemia, tuberculosis and hepatitis, hemorrhoids, heart disease, high blood pressure, and uric acid.
The results Andayana Puspitasari, Apt., Of Pharmaceutical Biology, Faculty of Pharmacy Gadjah Mada University in Yogyakarta, red betel contain flavonoids, alkoloid, polifenolat compounds, tannins and essential oils. Utilizing this red betel leaf, except in the form of fresh, you can also use the sun drying technique.
Bambang Sadewo herbalist explained, sliced red betel dauh has placed 60 percent dry winnowing covered with black cloth transparent. Closing with this fabric for the leaves do not obscure the wind.
Once properly dried, red betel leaf is inserted into a plastic bag or clear transparent bold. The goal, so the quality of red betel remains secure and can last up to one year.
Potions red betel, single or mixed
To draw on the red betel leaf, according to Bambang Sadewo herbalist, can be single or mixed with other medicinal plants. Here are some examples of red betel leaf ingredients for a variety of disorders:
- Take a betel leaf-sized pieces as much as 3-4 or 6-8 pieces of small size. Wash out, then sliced into small pieces. Boil the water as much as 4 cups (800 ml) to boiling and the remaining 2 cups, then strain. This herb is drunk while warm, two times daily before meals. Once drinking one glass.
Herb with other herbs:
- Prepare a medium-size red betel leaves as much as 3-4 pieces, 30 grams of acid leaf, 2 pieces of star fruit vegetables, tuber dry dea 3 grams of ginseng leaves 4 sheets. All material is washed, sliced into small pieces and boiled with three glasses of water (600 ml) until the remaining 1.5 cups. This herb is taken three times a day while warm. Can plus one teaspoon of honey. Once drinking half a glass.
- Pick three red betel leaves and a half old and the sixth or seventh leaf from the shoot. Wash all the leaves, then slice into small pieces. Boil the water as much as three cups (600 ml) to boiling and the remaining 1.5 cups. Drink three times daily before meals, to drink half a glass.
Herb with other herbs:
- Take three sheets of red betel medium size, 40 grams of bark that had been cleaned Gayam the outside, and 30 grams of dried bark jamblang. These materials are brewed with 2 cups (400 ml) of water until boiling and the remaining 1 cup. Strain and drink twice a day every morning and evening before meals. Once drinking half a glass.
3. Mouth organ
- Fresh betel leaves as many as 5 pieces, washed and boiled in two cups (400 ml) to boiling and the remaining 1 cup. Refrigerate, and use to gargle three times daily.
Note: This herb is excellent for treating bleeding gums, canker sores, cavities, bad breath, and sore throat.
4. Coughing or appetite enhancer
- Prepare the red betel leaf that is not too old as many as 10 pieces, wash, then soak it in alcohol 70 per cent for 30 minutes for bacteria attached to the leaves die. Red betel leaves plus 100 grams of white sugar boiled with water 4 cups (800 ml) to boiling and the remaining one cup. Once cool, pour into a clean bottle and sterile. This herb can be taken three times a day, to drink a tablespoon.
5. Female organs
- Scarlet betel leaves by 8 sheets washed, then sliced wide as 1 cm. Boiled with 800 ml of water until boiling. After a cold, used to clean the female organs twice daily.
- Take the red betel leaves are rather young (fifth leaf from top) in 4 pieces, wash. Boil two cups water to boil and the remaining one cup. Once cool, the water used to soak a sore eye.
How to use: Eye clean (wash) and then soaked with boiling water to taste red betel using special glasses. Use no more than three times a day to avoid irritation to the lining of the eye